The 14th Annual event takes place Saturday, April 25, 2015 from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm downtown Gay Street and Market Square. The Rossini Festival is dedicated to celebrating the arts with a spectacular feast of dance, music and opera from the Region’s best talent. The Festival drew over 100,000 people from Knox County and the surrounding region in 2014 to showcase our wealth of culture, live entertainment and education with areas for children, culinary offerings, artisan exhibits and much more. The Rossini Festival International Street Fair is offered FREE to the community each year and is almost entirely dependent upon sponsor support for its survival and growth.
Embrace international – Rossini Festival time is coming for the 14th Year! Events include Knoxville Opera’s production of Il Trovatore April 24 and 26 and the ever popular (and FREE!) International Street Fair, April 25.
• 14th year of event
• Approximate attendance 60,000 – 100,000 (dependent upon weather)
• Spans 10 hours, 16 city blocks and Market Square, 400+ volunteers
• Local and Regional multi-cultural music and dance performances on 5 outdoor stages featuring over 800 entertainers
• Local and Regional artisan exhibits featuring hand-crafted works
• (2) world-class fully-staged opera performances of Bellini’s Norma at the magnificent Tennessee Theatre
• The YMCA FunZone with interactive activities and arts engagement for youth
• Over 100 food/beverage, and artisan exhibits
More information - http://www.knoxvilleopera.com/rossini/