As summer approaches, my taste buds begin to crave lighter meals and brighter flavors. I'm all for rich desserts, too, but luckily I've found a no bake "cake" that's both tasty and easy on your waistline. It was delicious the first day, but I found the second day was even better once the graham crackers had softened and had more of a cake texture.
No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- 2 lbs. strawberries (halved or quartered)
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 1 box of graham crackers (I used 2 full sleeves from the box)
- Milk chocolate chips (optional)
It couldn't be easier!
- Set down a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of your container.
- Smooth cool whip across the base and layer with strawberries.
- I recommend putting a bit of whipped topping on the bottom of the next layer of graham crackers so they don't slide around on top of the strawberries.
- Put those down, then cool whip, and more strawberries.
Continue until you're all out! Due to my pan, I had enough room for two layers, though it's easy to add or subtract based on serving sizes.
You can also melt milk chocolate chips to drizzle some chocolate in between layers - especially the top part! I didn't do this for my first icebox cake, but you better believe there will be delicious chocolate on the next one.
Cover and set in fridge for at least 4 hours before serving. I'd give it up to about three days - not that it goes bad, but the strawberry juice will begin to mix with the crackers and whip and won't look as pretty. Then again, you might be surprised at just how fast this dessert gets eaten!